Front of house summary
F.O.H. CORE VALUES
1. People First
2. Commitment to Excellence
PRACTICAL GUIDES TO GUEST EXPERIENCE:
STAGE 1. EXPECT
SINCE WE KNOW THAT CUSTOMERS ARE COMING TO OUR STORE WITH EXPECTATIONS, HOW DO WE EXCEED THEM?
- Anticipate needs.
STAGE 2. ENTER
Customers have entered the store, what do they notice?
They notice what they see and how they feel. We will break these into two categories:
- 1. CLEANLINESS: It might seem obvious, but cleanliness of the shop is important at all times. Windows, counters, floors, bathroom, behind the counters, working space, outside patio, kitchen -- ALL of it is important to be clean and excellent so customers can feel comfortable.
- 2. ATMOSPHERE: Theres a lot of different things that come into play when it comes to setting the atmosphere. Atmosphere is the intangible
x-factor that everyone can feel when they walk into a room. So how do we cultivate an exciting, fun, enjoyable atmosphere?
STAGE 3. ENGAGE
1. Gage your guests energy levels:
Are they excited, confused, stressed, or rushed? Evaluate what level your guest is at and that will give you an idea of how to initiate conversation with them.
- If they seem excited...
- Match and exceed their excitement! Feel excited with them and verbalize it!
- If they seem confused...
- Walk through the menu with them and help direct them to wherever they need to go.
- If they seem stressed...
- We want to make sure they feel taken care of if they have something serious going on in their life.
- If they seem rushed...
- Help accommodate to-go orders, or get straight to the point with what they are asking. If they are rushing, we don't want to make them frustrated by dragging our feet, going slow, or trying to persuade them to buy another product.
KNOWING THE MENU
- Knowing the menu is vital part of interacting with guests. The more knowledgeably you're able to speak about our products, the better you're able to help guide our guest.
Cleaning / closing
- Opening the shop, closing the shop and cleaning well throughout shifts is important in order to give our shop an excellent feel, make guests feel more comfortable and set up the whole team for success.