Core value: a person's principles or standards of behavior; one's judgment of what is important in life.
1. PEOPLE FIRST
- We believe in putting people first because we want your job to mean something of value. Putting people first doesn't only apply to customer service, it actually starts internally. As a leadership team, we do all we can to make sure our team is well taken care of. We also expect all team members to look after one another and put others before yourself. When we all put others first and take care of each other, then we'll be ready to take care of customers in the best way possible. It's hard to take care of others if we aren't being taken care of, so that's why we value the priority of taking care of our own team first.
- The way we put customers first is through giving them an excellent experience, authentically caring and connecting, actively looking for ways to impact them, and going above and beyond, giving every task, big and small, 110%.
2. COMMITment TO EXCELLENCE
In everything we do, we must be Committed to Excellence. We use the word "committed" because we know it's really difficult. It's not hard to be excellent every now and then. But what's really challenging, and what separates good from great, is being consistently excellent in all things.
We expect you to be committed to excellence in the way you dress and take care of your uniform, the way you interact with customers, how you scoop ice cream and make sundaes, how you clean, sweep, organize and serve, how you make ice cream, and cut cookies -- EVERYTHING. We don't cut corners here. We're committed to excellence even when it's inconvenient, even when we think it won't matter. Everything we do should breathe excellence, and that is the standard to which you'll be held accountable. This shouldn't intimidate you because excellence simply means doing the best with what you have. We do not expect perfection, (but we will be upset if you are not giving your best.)
- None of our core values hold any weight without Integrity. It is important to have integrity because without integrity, nothing we put our hands to has any credibility or value.
- Integrity is what you do when no one is looking. Integrity is honesty and transparency in everything we do. It means that you are joyfully willing go the extra mile for someone even when it does not benefit you.
- Authenticity is important because if we are not authentic in everything we do, then what's the point? Authenticity applies to everything we do. We use authentic ingredients to create an authentic product. We hire authentic team members who can connect to fellow team members and customers with authentic interaction. We hired you for who you are and the unique gifts and talents you bring to our team. Everything we do, from products to service, should be carried out relationally and authentically.
This is just the start.
And that is only scratching the surface. Everything we do at Big Spoon, every decision or attitude, big or small, are all filtered through our core values.
Please keep them in mind during your time with us so you can filter everything you do and learn through our core values.