TEAM MEMBER EXPECTATIONS
In addition to our core values, here's a few standards we expect you to grow into.
1. Be teachable
- No one has it all figured out. We know that training can be an intimidating process, but as long as you remain humble and teachable, you will be a successful team member! We are all capable of getting better no matter what stage of life we're in.
- This applies to your entire time here working at Big Spoon. There may be times that you will be addressed about learning something new, or we may change the way we do something, so we expect you to be teachable and flexible through this journey with us.
2. Be an initiator
- Initiating is the great separator in whatever setting you find yourself in. People who initiate growth positively separate themselves from the pack. Do you see a need? Initiate the solution. Do you see an area that can get improved? Initiate the idea to make it better! Take initiative and don't wait to be asked to do something, be confident and jump in! People who grow and are promoted in our company are team members who initiate! This is something only you have the power to be -- So embrace it and watch how initiating can change your environment!
3.Be self motivated
- Being self motivated is a key factor when it comes to being a great leader. Everyone is motivated by something whether that be achievement, growth/progress, being a part of a great team, simply helping people, or maybe just witnessing a task done well -- These are just a few examples of things that may be motivators to you. Take some time to reflect in your life and think about moments where you felt the most motivated. What motivated you in that moment and why? What are you most passionate about in life? Asking yourself these types of questions will help you discover your personality, how you are made and what makes you tick! It's important to know what motivates you and what you are passionate about the most so that on challenging days or really exhausting shifts, you can remember what motivates you to help yourself push through! (We hope that you can connect with our Core Values as well and be motivated by them!)
4. be hardworking
- It's important to not only be hardworking, but the key here is to be consistently hardworking. Anyone can work hard for a day, but leaders work hard consistently and even on days when it may not "feel" easy to give your best and work hard.
6. BE A TEAM PLAYER
- Last, but not least, it is always expected that you be a team player. Everyone on our team from the kitchen, to washing dishes, to cleaning, to scooping ice cream -- Everyone is a cog working together. If one person doesn't do their best, everyone suffers. That's what it means to be on a team! The plus side to this is that if one person succeeds, the whole team succeeds! It can either be a lose-lose or win-win situation! But we expect all team members to work together and succeed.